Would you like to know what I would do if you employed me as a sales person and said, “Sam we need to make more sales quick!”?
These are the first 5 steps I would take:
- Understand how your business makes money and adds value.
- Understand which are your best products or services.
- Ask you for a list of everyone that you have sent a proposal or quote to in the last 3 months, 6 months and 12 months. I would then pick up the phone and call them.
- Ask you for a list of your past and current ideal clients and I would call them to see how we can better help them.
- Based on the feedback I get from steps 3 and 4, work out how we can better convey the value we have to offer.
This week make a list of everyone that has made an enquiry and who you have sent a proposal or quote to. That’s all, you don’t need to call them this week, I will help you with that more next week. If you can’t make a list of people that’s OK tomorrow is a new day so just commit to getting peoples details, so you can follow up in the future.